Last year’s garden when she was first starting out. I really miss chomping on those Borage leaves… ( that Borage went crazy later on in the summer )
More notes (lest I forget):
- Arugula kept dying. Even the one we bought at the union sq. farmer’s market but that was my fault – watering issue – fried in the sun. But I’m determined to try and grow from seed again this year. In fact, I am going to plan a new strategy for all lettuces and such.
- Chamomile also didn’t take, saw about four flowers, will try again.
- Borage was awesome! But I must have plans to make something with it next year. I was overwhelmed how fast it grew and how much it yielded.
- Tomato was very ambitious for our space. The few fruits it did yield were amazing though.
- Kale is still growing. (spring 2012)
- Thyme was also difficult to get going.
- All around need more herbs for our cooking habits, especially basil, mint, and parsley.